Meteor is a game-changing framework for rapid software development. By using JS on the front and backend, meteor allows you to build faster.
What is Meteor?
Meteor has been built on concepts from other frameworks and libraries in a way that makes it easy to prototype applications. Essentially, it makes web development easier. It’s flexible and requires less code, so in turn less bugs and higher quality and more stable end result.
What Makes Meteor Unique
- Idea to Market in 4 weeks.
- Mobile & Web application as a package
DDP is like ‘REST for websockets’: a simple protocol for fetching structured data from a server and receiving live updates when data changes. With DDP, one can easily separate out and build a new system that just has to adhere to the API for DDP to work with a Meteor app. This means that when the time comes, it easier to swap out node for other backend.
- Meteor is the future
Meteor is still in its early days. But it is constantly evolving and being improved. However, a few things are certain:
- Meteor is fast and easy to implement—Less code and rapid development makes it fun to build with
- Real-time applications are the present and future—Meteor makes it easy to build real-time apps on desktop and mobile devices
- Meteor has an amazing community—Top ten starred repositories on Github, with in-person Meetups in 217 cities worldwide and counting
As meteor is becoming more matured, many ruby on rails development companies are switching towards Meteor as core technology.