Spin bikes are a very effective to improve your cardiovascular fitness and your breathing levels too. The spin bike allows you to work your lower body and legs in an efficient way to reduce fat and help to tone your legs, calf, thighs and hips in shape.But to attain the desired results, besides a good high intensity workout routine, you also need to plan your spin bike workout in a much better way. Today, we will list you 3 different workout techniques on your spin bike to effectively disrupt your extra body mass.
The Tabata workout routine is named after the Japanese exercise physiologist, Izumi Tabata, who devised this brutal workout routine. It is one of the most time-efficient spin bike fitness routine you can do to improve your stamina and fitness. The workout is as follows:
- Warm up yourself with five minutes of spin bike ride.
- Increaseresistance tension and sprint with high intensity for 20 seconds.
- Stop and rest yourself passively for 10 seconds.
- Complete the set eight continuous time-in all-out sprints followed by passive rests.
If you end up doing the workout correctly giving your all in the short intervals, you will notice a considerable difference in your breathing as it would be much harder than ever before after the last sprint. You can use a small optional easy bike ride to cool yourself down.
During one study, it was found out that a period of Tabata training routine helped to increase the VO2 max level of trained professional athletes by around 14 percent and also helped to improve their anaerobic capacity with a 28 percent boost.
Lactate Threshold Test
The lactate threshold spin bike exercise makes you workout at an intensity at which a secondary muscle fuel, lactate, present in your body begins to rapidly accumulate in your blood easily. This is so because the lactate is produced at a much faster rate than at which it is being used. The Lactate Threshold test helps to give you the result of 60-minute workout in a 20-minute effort.
- Begin your workout routine with a gentle 10-15 minutes’ warm-up on your spin bike.
- After completing your initial warm-up, ride your spin bike as fast as you can for about 20 minutes. Make sure you pace yourself in such a way that you are able to last the whole 20 minutes. Don’t drop down earlier due to fatigue.
- Finally, you can cool down on your spin bike for five minutes at the end.
You can expect a dramatic change in your fitness and health level in about 2-3 weeks of continuously following this routine every day.
Most of the workouts you plan for involve you to set a particular time limit to complete your workout routine. However, this workout doesn’t involve you to do so. Instead it wants you to select a watt level and try to maintain that watt level for as long as you can and improve it more than your previous day’s level.
To do this spin bike workout, do the following
- Start out by selecting a wattage which you could sustain for 5 minutes.
- Ride the spin bike easy for the first 30 to 60 minutes and proceed to slowly increase your workout intensity to the level you can set for yourself.
- Try to hold the intensity for as long as you can. Try to maintain this level for atleast a week. Don’t drop your level.
- Continue increasing your level at the start of a new week.
Slowly and steadily, you will see continued improvement on your health and fitness levels besides seeing a considerable drop in the fat level on your lower body and legs
Spin bikes are the new buzz in the town with a lot of people switching over to the spin bikes in order to get a better lower body workout. The spin bike allows them to lose up to 500 calories with every 30-minute workout which is not possible with other cardio exercises. It also helps you to tone your legs and thighs in a way so as to remove those extra layers of fat and cellulite.